Sunday, September 18, 2011

i neglect this

Wow.  so in January I started this thing,  posted one follow up,  actually wrote a ton of drafts of stuff that I never posted,  and now here we are, it's September 18.  I'll blame this on a busy summer.

A busy summer it was.  Brothers McClurg released their first EP with Integrity called "Alive".  That brought the busiest month we've had as a band,  and capped it off with last minute trip to Bristol TN to play with Steve Wingfield ministries at the Bristol speedway.  It was a wild cap to a wild month.  I guess looking back at it with a couple weeks of retrospect,  I'm very thankful for all of the support we get from everyone in the Buffalo area.  In July,  looking ahead to August,  it was.....scary looking.  It took a lot of talking, debating, arguing, working, talking more, forgiving, but most importantly praying to get through it.    God blessed the whole thing, and I feel as a group we came out tighter knit than we were before.  Also thinking we were going to have a near death experience on a plane didn't hurt either.

It's good to be home, it's good to breathe for a month or so,  and get back to it.  check back here,  I'll do my best to be more frequent with it.  And for the sake of this not turning into ranting and raving, let's' have a conversation.  So much happened, I couldn't write all of it, ask questions, leave comments, let's have fun with it.

 Here's a few pictures i took on my phone over the summer.  Enjoy,  and stay classy.


This day....we had a Saturday booked at Roberts Wesleyan College.  We left with the bus and trailer....then the trailer electronics weren't working,  that meant no lights and no brakes.  When we were trying to fix that,  Chris became very ill,  so we ended up leaving him home to get better,  and abandoned the trailer,  and threw all the essential gear in the back of the bus, and got on our way.  A day of adversity,  that still ended up a good day.



Chris and Suzy had this record player at their place,  and they wanted to get rid of it, so they gifted it to me and Colleen.  I've enjoyed many afternoons and nights spinning records that I'm finding at garage sales,  pawn shops etc.  The Joshua Tree is still one of my favorite all time records,  it just takes me to another place.


The field next to Northgate, with Matt, my dear friend, who plays with the band Lift.  This was after playing at a Saturday night service at Northgate,  the weekend Kindom Bound started.


My little man.  We had a great day at Griffith's Scupture park,  and stopped at this art shop on the way home.  Obviously a big Sponge Bob fan.  I love every second of every adventure we get to go on together.


Soundcheck at the Evangel CD release event.  An important day for all of us.  This was taken during a great time we spent before doors opened worshiping,  just us with God.  Those moments are so important.


Sending our amps off to Tennessee. Our great friends at BWSSI gave our gear a lift,  and saved us a lot of trouble.  


Changing strings a couple nights before leaving Bristol.  I started setting up my guitars myself this past year.  It's a great skill set to learn,  I know more about how my guitars are working,  and the temperments they have.  Some guys just use their guitars as tools.  Some really bond with theirs.  I'd say I'm in the latter camp.  



The 'Merica plane.  I'll never forget those flights.






Bristol Motor Speedway.  Those engines starting and roaring by is the loud sound of 'Merican muscle,  and Freedom!  Watching on TV is nowhere close to what it's like in real life.  EVERYTHING shakes, and it's soooo fast.  I'm not saying you have to get a Dale Jr. lower back tattoo or anything,  but you need to check out at least one NASCAR race as a part of your bucket list.


The Bristol airport, waiting for our larger, pressurized cabin, commercial flights.  The end of a crazy 72 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment